The Mid-Atlantic Region of the ACIS comprises New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia, as well as the District of Columbia. Including some of the states most densely populated with colleges and well-established Irish Studies programs, our Region hosts engaging and thematically-broad conferences each year, usually in the fall. ACIS members hailing from the Mid-Atlantic region should use this website for regular updates on Irish-related events, readings, and lectures in our region, as well as to communicate with others in the Mid-Atlantic area.
Upcoming Mid-Atlantic ACIS Conferences
Recent Mid Atlantic ACIS Conferences
- 2012— Daemen College, Amherst, NY — "(Wo)Manning Up: Performing Gender in Irish Culture"
- 2011 — Manhattan College, Brooklyn, NY — "Interrogating The Urban: Irish cities, cultures and identities"
- 2009 — Monmouth University, New Jersey — “Ireland by Sea”
- 2008 — La Guardia Community College, Queens, NY — “Enabling/Disabling Ireland”
- 2007 — Le Moyne College, Syracuse, NY — “Associating Ireland”
- 2006 — Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA — “Which Direction Ireland?”
- 2005 — Drew University, Madison, NJ — “Ireland and Memory”
- 2004 — Princeton University, Princeton, NJ — “De-Provincializing Irish Studies”
Mid-Atlantic Representative: The Mid-Atlantic Representative is Kate Costello-Sullivan, an Associate Professor of Modern Irish Literature at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, NY. Kate can be contacted at email@example.com.
Join the Mid-Atlantic ACIS listserv for announcements and notices of CFPs and events: click here or visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACIS_MA/